SC: The Devil - How To Defeat Him


"But the prince of the kingdom of Persia
withstood me twenty-one days; then Michael,
one of the chief princes, came to help me,
because I had been left there with the kings of Persia."
Daniel 10:13
A few verses later, the angel says:
"Do you know why I have come to you?
But now I will return to fight against the prince of Persia;
and when I go out, behold, the prince of Greece will come.
But I will tell you what is inscribed in the book of truth.
There is none who contends by my side against these
except Michael, your prince."
Daniel 10:20-21

 He was led by the Spirit in the wilderness, 
where he was tempted by the devil for forty days. 
Jesus ate nothing all that time and became very hungry. 

Then the devil said to him, 
“If you are the Son of God, 
tell this stone to become a loaf of bread.” 

But Jesus told him, “No! 
The Scriptures say, ‘People do not live by bread alone"
Luke 4-1-4 

When the devil had finished tempting Jesus, 
he left him until the next opportunity came.
Luke 4:13

So that Satan will not outsmart us.
 For we are familiar with his evil schemes. 
2 Corinthians 2:11 

Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, 
the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, 
looking for someone to devour. 
1 Peter 5:89  

You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body 
    and knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! 
    Your workmanship is marveloushow well I know it. 
 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, 
    as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. 
Psalm 139:13-15 

"If we confess our sins, 
he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins 
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
1 John 1:9 

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, 
but of power and of love and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7 

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
    Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
    I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid... 
for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?
Psalm 27:1 

“That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life
whether you have enough food and drink, or enough 
clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body 
more than clothing? Look at the birds. 
They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, 
for your heavenly Father feeds them. 
And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 
Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? ...
Matthew 6:25-34

Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 
James 4:7  

Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry, 
for anger gives a foothold to the devil. 
Ephesians 4:26-27 
 
Our weapons are spiritual, 
used to tear down strongholds and take thoughts captive.  
2 Corinthians 10:35  

Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. 
But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” 
John 16:33 






for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 

1 Thessalonians 5:18 

We can rejoice, too, 
when we run into problems and trials, 
for we know that they help us develop endurance.  
And endurance develops strength of character, 
and character strengthens our 
confident hope of salvation. 
Romans 5:3-4 

Rejoice in the Lord always. 
I will say it again: Rejoice! 
Philippians 4:4 

The thief comes only to 

No comments:

Post a Comment