I am so fortunate to have many fabulous girlfriends in my life who take the time out of their busy schedule for us to connect. I met this girlfriend for a relaxed Sunday brunch at one of our many fabulous resorts.
We ate out on the beautiful relaxing patio
and enjoyed mimosas with our lunch.
I am trying to eat healthier. I think it is pretty funny when you compare my meals to Mark's
My Thai Seafood Stew: Mark's Fish & Chips:
My Ahi Tuna Tacos: Mark's Burger & Fries
My Jicama Seafood Tacos: Mark's Chicken Enchiladas:
My amazing Waldorf salad: Mark's Chicken & Potatoes:
Olivia is playing hockey with a boy's team. She won't have the same fun as she did on a girl's team but....
She will definitely make them take notice!
Olvia went to Brooke's memorial service (see Part II of my October favorites for more on this)
She wore a Vancouver Canuck's Jersey in honor of Brooke:
They released hundreds of balloons at the service.
This is what Olivia wrote about Brooke:
may you rest in paradise my beautiful best friend. Brooke A Malakoff today, you grew your wings and made your way up to your new home in heaven. there, you'll be pain free and no longer have to suffer. you fought so hard and I will never ever forget you. I will always keep you in my mind and close to my heart. I'll never forget how loving, kind hearted, and genuine you are. you always have a smile on your face when I see you, whether you were in pain or not. thank you for being not only my inspiration but my best friend. I love you Brooke and I can't wait to see you again.
Labels: Elle's Life
This is an easy but delicious meal. I recommend making up extra and freezing the individual cooked portions.
- skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- prepared basil pesto (a heaping tsp per breast to cover the surface)
- pine nuts - about a dozen pine nuts per chicken breast
- mozzarella cheese (you can use a slice per chicken breast or even 1/4 slice to reduce the calories)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Bread crumbs seasoned with italian seasoning and garlic powder to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons of the pesto sauce onto each flattened chicken breast.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts
- Place cheese over the pesto.
- Roll up tightly, and secure with toothpicks.
- Dip chicken into beaten egg and then into bread crumbs (Optional)
- Place onto lightly greased baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until chicken is nicely browned and juices run clear.