This is an easy but delicious meal. I recommend making up extra and freezing the individual cooked portions.
- skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- prepared basil pesto (a heaping tsp per breast to cover the surface)
- pine nuts - about a dozen pine nuts per chicken breast
- mozzarella cheese (you can use a slice per chicken breast or even 1/4 slice to reduce the calories)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Bread crumbs seasoned with italian seasoning and garlic powder to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons of the pesto sauce onto each flattened chicken breast.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts
- Place cheese over the pesto.
- Roll up tightly, and secure with toothpicks.
- Dip chicken into beaten egg and then into bread crumbs (Optional)
- Place onto lightly greased baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until chicken is nicely browned and juices run clear.