Elle's Easy Cod Puttanesca

I am not a big fish person. This recipe has cod, capers and anchovies...which would be all the more reason I wouldn't think I would like it.  I LOVED IT!!!  I got all my ingredients (except the red pepper flakes which I had in my pantry) from Trader Joe's.



The flavors all marinade with the marinara sauce to meld into something that tastes like you are eating at a high end restaurant.  So delicious and, I have leftovers - yeah!


Elle's Easy Cod Puttanesca

4 cod fillets
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 anchovy fillets
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
3 C marinara sauce
1/2 C pitted kalamata olives, halved
2 Tbsp capers (rinsed in cold water)
Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper

Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in saute pan
Add anchovies & cook till they break down (couple minutes)
Add red pepper flakes
Add marinara sauce and bring to a simmer
Add olives and capers and simmer a couple minutes
Dry cod fillets with paper towels, brush with olive oil and then season with S&P
Pour 3/4 of sauce into a glass casserole dish
Place the cod fillets over top the sauce
Pour the rest of sauce on top
Bake 10 to 15 minutes at 400F

I served this over shredded cabbage and it was delicious and filling. I can't wait to eat the leftovers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment