Make Your Own Oat Milk

I am notorious for buying poor quality milk. It usually has a lot of bad ingredients but, in my defense, it tastes great!😂 I don't drink a lot of milk but do have it every day in my coffee and occasionally mixed with my OWYN chocolate protein powder. I did some research and oat milk is so easy to make. You can also adjust the flavorings to your desired taste.


Servings: (makes 1 litre of oat milk)
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup (50g) rolled oats (gluten free or any other types will do)
  • 4 C water (at room temperature)
  •  
  • OPTIONAL
  • salt
  • vanilla
  • cinnamon or other spice
  • stevia or honey
Steps
  1. Combine ingredients in a blender and blend for one minute (until oats are very fine and well mixed).
  2. Strain through a fine mesh fabric (like cheesecloth).
  3. Squeeze out all liquid from the oat residue (but not too much or you’ll get the slime).
  4. Pour in a fridge jug or bottle and consume within a week.
  5. Shake well each time before using.
Notes
  • I don't let the oats sit in the water before blending as this makes it slimey. 

The oat milk is thin/watery in texture but it has a rich flavor and feels filling. I love that I always have the ingredients on hand, know exactly what is going in to my milk and it is so easy to make. Let me know if you try this.


No comments:

Post a Comment