Mark's Favorite Oatmeal Cookies

Mark's favorite cookies are oatmeal cookies. I have experimented with a LOT of recipes trying to find ones that get his seal of approval. It has been a lot of tweaking and testing and this is the recipe that he loves! I like my cookies slightly softer so, I either put "my" cookies in a separate container with a slightly damp paper towel (not touching the cookies though or they will get mushy) or, I microwave a cookie in a slightly damp paper towel for 5 seconds before I eat it - yum! Either way, these are pretty fabulous cookies!

Ingredients
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 3 cups oats, old fashioned
  • 1 cup raisins
Steps
  1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
  2. Cream the butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla and blend until creamy.
  3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix well.
  4. Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture on low only until blended. Add in the oats and raisins until just combined. Do not over blend.
  5. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls (I use an ice cream scoop) onto the parchment lined baking sheets. It is preference but, I like to "smoosh" my down just a bit and make sure the sides are compact so they bake up in a round shape. Keep an eye on them as cooking times vary depending on your oven/elevation etc. I bake for 11 minutes on the center rack and sometimes rotate mid-way (I don't always remember to turn them). Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool for two minutes before transferring to cooling racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment