Elle's Easy Chia Seed Fruit Bars

Healthy, tasty and not messy - yup, these are the greatest fruit bars! They are also super easy to make and freeze well. These are a staple that I always have on hand. I keep extra in the freezer in a ziplock baggie for grab-and-go snacks.


It doesn't look to pretty when you first mix it but it all comes together when you added the dry ingredients.


Get creative with the seeds/nuts that you use. My favorites are using a combination of sunflower and walnut.



These are "no mess" so they are great to throw a few in a baggie and grab as you are on your way out the door as they don't fall apart or leave your hands sticky! I love to grab these to eat in the car.

Elle's Easy Chia Seed Fruit Bars

 

Servings: 30 bars
Ingredients
  • 2 frozen and thawed bananas
  • 3 C frozen fruit, thawed (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, cherries)
  • 1/2 C Chia Seeds
  • 2 Tbsp flax seed
  • 1 C rolled oats
  • 1 C seeds or nuts of your choice
  • Stevia if desired (see my notes)
Steps
  1. Microwave the frozen fruit 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every minute, until thawed.
  2. Mix with an immersion blender, blend fruit until it breaks down.
  3. Add rest of ingredients to bowl and mix
  4. Let sit on counter for 30 minutes - this allows the chia seeds to thicken the mixture
  5. Put in lightly greased pan(s) spread out to about 1/2 to 3/4" thick.
  6. Bake 350 for 20 minutes
  7. Let cool completely before cutting in to bars. Put in ziplock bag and grab for a quick easy snack.
Notes
  • - Use 5C fruit (each banana counts as 1 C). If I use more bananas and less berries, I find it needs stevia. More berries and less banana (as written above) means I don't think it needs stevia. Adjust to your taste. I have made it with between 1 and 3 bananas but think 2 bananas is my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment