Elle's Most Amazing Snickerdoodles

I love experimenting. It isn't because something isn't good but I am just always on a quest. I have one more snickerdoodle recipe I would like to try one day but, these are just so good I don't know that I will ever move past these. When I have tried other recipes, I regret it and come back to these. Anyone who tries these asks for the recipe.


Elle's Most Amazing Snickerdoodles
Ingredients
  • subheading: Snickerdoodle Dough:
  • 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup unsalted butter just softened
  • 1 ½ cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • subheading: Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
  • ⅓ cup sugar
  • 3 tablespoons cinnamon
Steps
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
  3. With a mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and blend well.
  4. Make cinnamon mixture by combining the two ingredients in a small bowl.
  5. In a small bowl, combine ⅓ cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cinnamon.
  6. Using a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon to scoop out dough, roll into a ball and then roll into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll twice to completely cover the balls.
  7. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
  8. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let sit on the cookie sheet for a few additional minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment