Sunday Chat - Silence


 It is better to live in a corner of the housetop 
than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife. 
Proverbs 21:9 
 
but let your adorning be the hidden person 
of the heart with the imperishable beauty 
of a gentle and quiet spirit, 
which in God's sight is very precious. 
1 Peter 3:4 
 
Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. 
1 Timothy 2:11 
 
Whoever restrains his words has knowledge, 
and he who has a cool spirit 
is a man of understanding. 
Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; 
when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent. 
Proverbs 17:27-28 
 
The Lord will fight for you, 
and you have only to be silent.” 
Exodus 14:14 

If one gives an answer before he hears, 
it is his folly and shame. 
Proverbs 18:13 

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 
Psalm 23:1 

and to aspire to live quietly, 
and to mind your own affairs, 
and to work with your hands, as we instructed you,  
1 Thessalonians 4:11 

You keep him in perfect peace 
    whose mind is stayed on you, 
    because he trusts in you. 
Isaiah 26:3 

Know this, my beloved brothers: 
let every person be quick to hear, 
slow to speak, slow to anger; 
James 1:19 

but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, 
always being prepared to make a defense 
to anyone who asks you for a reason 
for the hope that is in you; 
yet do it with gentleness and respect, 
1 Peter 3:15 

And the disciples were filled 
with joy and with the Holy Spirit. 
Acts 13:52 

For God alone my soul waits in silence; 
    from him comes my salvation. 
Psalm 62:1 

It stood still, 
    but I could not discern its appearance. 
A form was before my eyes; 
    there was silence, then I heard a voice: 
Job 4:16 

“Be still, and know that I am God. 
    I will be exalted among the nations, 
    I will be exalted in the earth!” 
Psalm 46:10 

 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, 
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, 
and learn from me, 
for I am gentle and lowly in heart, 
and you will find rest for your souls. 
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” 
Matthew 11:28-30 
 
He makes me lie down in green pastures. 
He leads me beside still waters. 
Psalm 23:2 

But the Lord is in his holy temple; 
    let all the earth keep silence before him.” 
Habakkuk 2:20 

“Be still, and know that I am God. 
    I will be exalted among the nations, 
    I will be exalted in the earth!” 
Psalm 46:10 

No comments:

Post a Comment