Elle's Life December

As much as I know how spoiled I am to travel so much, I absolutely loved this past month.  With taking days off and holidays, we were home a lot more than usual.  I always love my hibernation/home time.

My days off were a decadent mixture of reading, relaxing, crocheting, bike rides and catching up with girlfriends for lunches.

Amazing fish tacos with black beans.  What a beautiful presentation.

Food at work.  There was so much food all over but I thought this was a gorgeous display.

With so much food everywhere, when I went out for meals I tried to be healthy.  This is a beautiful presentation of a chicken salad.

When we are in town over a weekend, I like to treat myself to flowers and I thought these were gorgeous and festive.

We had Mark's annual Christmas party.


We had a gift exchange with my bookclub and I got this adorable ornament.  Since I started this club 7 years ago, I will treasure this sweet little guy.

My niece Olivia is doing well.  Her hair is growing out and she looks as gorgeous as ever.  We are thankful that she only has a light chemo treatment right before Christmas.  This time last year, was right after Olivia was diagnosed with leukemia and was spent celebrating Christmas in the Ronald McDonald House.  There is much to be thankful for.  This amazing needlepoint is something Olivia worked on over the last year with being in bed so much.  She gave it to my sister for Christmas.  What a beautiful keepsake.

We spent Christmas afternoon putting up sheets on our frost sensitive plants. It is supposed to rain later this week and yet at night the temperatures get below freezing.  Is it better to leave the sheets on?  Decisions, decisions.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful December.  I look forward to 2015 and plan on focusing on it being a year of 'contentment' and 'appreciating what I have'.  I hope that resonates with you and you will join me on this journey.

1 comment: